Saturday, February 2, 2008

Portland to Canada

After the mammoth 12 hour sleep on the day of arrival I spent a couple of days exploring. The first day went down to a small shopping area and took a bit of a driving tour around the city. Spent the evening getting excited about  sport, pretty new for me. I was educated in the game of Basketball but unfortunately Portland lost- so morale was a bit low...

Wednesday was spent in Eugene at the University of Oregon. We visited Zach and Paul and had a look around the campus. Finished off the day with a Dutch Brothers Kahlua Kick Coffee...hmmmmm.

On Thursday I visited the Oregon Museum of Art and explored down town Portland. It was a really good day despite the rain. Apparently it rains 300 days out of the year in Portland- so I felt quite at home. 

I finished my trip off with an evening out to Portland's Comdey Sports. The idea was that two teams of stand up comedians compete to win the game. The audience do the voting and have quite alot of participation so it was fab. Got home just in time to catch the end of the New York Vs Portland game and yay our team won so I left Portland with quite a feeling of content!!

I am now in Canada in Red Deer which is about an hour from Calgary. Planning a great few days up here...

See you all in 24 days!

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see you in 18 days!